Ghost Stories ,Ghost Videos ,Uncategorized

One Last Cuddle

November 9, 2013, 0 Comments

I have been experiencing ghosts and paranormal things since I was young. I grew up in a house that had ghosts around it all the time. When I moved out I figured I would never experience it again. I was wrong.

A bad storm hit and forced me to move out of the house with my kids. We had no choice but to move into my future brother-in-laws house. It was a nice house with a large yard, but right next door was a small family cemetery. It was a very sad place. Infants were buried there. Some were stillborn and others had passed away shortly after birth. Most were buried in the late 1880s. There was one grave of an older child. He was three when he passed away.

Everything was fine for awhile staying at my future brother-in-laws. The kids got settled into new surroundings and routines. One day when I was downstairs lying on the couch with my youngest daughter I noticed a movement. At first I thought it was my son, but then it dawned on me that he was at school. So I stayed on the couch and just closed my eyes. I had this feeling of someone watching me. I opened my eyes and there on the staircase looking through the bars was a little boy in an orange hooded sweatshirt. He was small with brown hair and big brown eyes. He was just sitting there smiling at me. The first name that came to my head was that of my youngest son. I yelled out my son’s name and the little boy stopped smiling and ran up the stairs. I laid there for a minute. After, I put my daughter down and went upstairs to see what was going on. I checked all the rooms and the usual hiding spots and there was no sign of the little boy. I just shrugged it off and went about that day and the next few days like usual.

One night when all the kids were in bed asleep I went downstairs to get some water. I noticed that the little toy cars my boys were playing with were on the fireplace hearth and they were lined up perfectly. I thought maybe one of the boys didn’t pick up his toys so I picked them up. Then I walked into the kitchen. I was in there for maybe two minutes and when I walked out the cars were out again! I put them away again and walked to the stairs. When I turned my back to go up the stairs I heard the squeak of the tires from one of the cars. All the cars were out all over the living room! I got mad and and picked up the cars again. This time I said in a low voice that only I could hear, “It’s late and time for bed. No more time for play—go to sleep.” Then I got up and went upstairs to bed.

In the morning my boyfriend and his brother were up before us. I could hear them talking about the kids not putting their toys away. They left and I started getting the kids up and ready. When we got downstairs I saw what my boyfriend and brother-in-law were talking about. All the cars were out on the fireplace in a nice long line. I told the boys to pick up the cars, and finished up my morning routine. I was home alone again.

Then things got weirder. My youngest son had a remote control car. It started moving by itself. It was driving all over the place. The control was next to me on the couch with the switch positioned to off. I just ignored it and went about my day. Later, I was lying on the couch again with my daughter and I saw him. This time he was at the foot of the couch. He looked so sad. At first I thought, “I’m sleep deprived. I’m seeing things.” So I closed my eyes and opened them and he was still there. I figured, what the heck, I’ll talk to him. I asked him if he was okay. He said no. I asked him if he needed something. He said no. I asked him if he wanted something. He said yes. I felt a little uneasy when he answered that question. I took a deep breath in and asked him, “What do you want?” He looked at me and said, “I’m sleepy—can I lay down with you, Mommy?” Now that did freak me out a little. The ghosts I grew up with rarely talked to me. I took another deep breath and said the unthinkable—“You can come and lay down with me, but when you go to sleep, I’m going to have to put you to bed like I do with the baby.” He said, “It’s okay Mommy, I just can’t sleep without my cuddle time.” I felt so bad and my maternal instinct kicked in. I laid down on the couch and said, “Come, it’s time to sleep.” He came closer. I could feel him on the couch, his cold hand on my stomach. The whole time I had my eyes closed. When I felt his hand move I looked down. I saw him lying there looking at me with a smile on his face. Then he closed his eyes and he was gone. I told my boyfriend about this and he said that I was just seeing things.

One day I decided to go and look in the cemetery. I wanted to see what the little boy’s name was. I was in for a shock. I found his grave. I looked closer I saw that the little boy’s middle name was the same as my son’s first name. There was a cover over a picture of the child. I lifted it up and saw the little boy. I freaked out a little, but then I felt kind of relieved. Since that afternoon he has not been seen. I think that all he wanted was someone to cuddle with him just one last time.

  Share your story with ParaSci